Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cooling Off

Anyone on the East Coast knows that it hasn't been hot enough in temperature lately for anyone to need cooling off. We've finally had some sun this weekend, and it's been perfect - none of that characteristic heat and humidity we usually have in July. Just warm enough, slightly breezy, and gorgeous.

No, it's Lucy who has needed some emotional cooling off lately. She's reached an age where she needs to blow off some steam and will now usually have a temper tantrum at some point each day. Never, I'm told, at day care. Just with us.

She and I were up in Maine leading up to the 4th, and she had a moment one afternoon. As I gave her some space to calm down at one end of the porch, I did manage to capture the moment, which involved long minutes of staring and no desire for more direct interaction:


Eventually, she decided to show me her belly, which is when I knew she was starting to feel better.

No comments: