Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summertime Adventures

Lucy and I have been busy! We went up to Maine for the 4th of July. Lucy was much less trepidatious about going in boats, though still not what I would call eager. Still, she got in her life jacket just fine and survived all of her boating experiences without tears. Here she is looking at Tumble Down Dick before we rowed over.

Uncle Henry came with us and showed Lucy how to skip rocks:


The next day, Uncle Henry went home, so we brought him to the mainland on Gramps' boat. Here is Lucy looking not-miserable with me:


Since Maine, Lucy has helped Elliot and me celebrate our birthdays in style. "It's my birthday?" "No, Lucy. It's Daddy's birthday." "It IS my birthday." February is a hard concept for a two-year-old to grasp in July.


No comments: